Planning & Economic Development Commission
- Nathaniel Lowell, Chairman (Planning Board)
- Andrew Bennett, Vice Chair (Conservation Commission)
- John Trudel, III (Planning Board)
- Joe Marcklinger (Planning Board)
- Barry G. Rector (Planning Board)
- Linda Williams (Planning Board)
- Position Not Filled (Department of Public Works)
- Matt Fee (County Commissioners)
- Bertyl Johnson (Housing Authority)
- Jack Gardner (At-Large)
- Leslie B. Johnson (At-Large)
- Wendy Hudson (At-Large)
About the CommissionThe NP&EDC was created by Warrant Article 5 of the January 25, 1973 special town meeting of the Town of Nantucket and by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts pursuant to Chapter 561 of the Acts of 1973, as amended by Warrant Article 117 of the 1980 annual town meeting and Chapter 98 of the Acts of 1981 and Warrant Article 57 of the Annual Town Meeting of 1991 and Chapter 458 of the Acts of 1991. NP&EDC is the only regional planning agency (RPA) representing one town, the Town of Nantucket.
In Section 1 of the enabling legislation, the commission was established In order to plan for the orderly and coordinated development and protection of the physical, social and economic resources of the Island of Nantucket.
In Section 2, the Commission shall be responsible for the preparation of comprehensive plans for the physical, social, and economic development of said County and Town and shall make recommendations for action to implement said plans to the responsible county and town agencies. Such plans shall include, but not be limited to, the preparation of studies, research reports and maps of natural resources, land utilization, economic development, recreation and conservation, transportation and population characteristics.
In Article 5, 1973 STM, "Such commission shall plan for the future of the villages of Wauwinet, Quidnet, Siasconset, Surfside, Madaket, Pocomo, Tom Nevers, Dionis, Cisco and the Town of Nantucket and make any recommendations it deems beneficial.
- Publications Available
- Public Review Documents
- Transportation Planning
- Energy Planning
- 2017 Meeting Schedule
- Planning Office
- Planning Board
- Building Department
- Town and County Clerk
- Census / Demographics
- Smart Growth / Smart Energy
- Wilkes Square Redevelopment
- Bluff Protection Pilot Project Presentation