Municipal Electricity Aggregation
Effective July 2017, Nantucket PowerChoice to support local Solar Rebate Program!
Welcome to the Nantucket PowerChoice
Municipal Electricity Aggregation program!
Learn more about the program by visiting the Program website: www.masspowerchoice.com/Nantucket
For more information, please contact:
Town of Nantucket
Aggregation Workplan and Timeline
Phase I: Planning & Town Review
- October 27, 2015: Town issues an RFP for municipal electric aggregation consulting services
- January 4, 2016: Internal selection committee, comprised of Town staff and resident taxpayers with financial expertise, evaluate the three proposals received from the leading aggregation consultants in the Commonwealth
- January 29, 2016: The selection committee conducts interviews with the bidding consultants, and unanimously chose Peregrine Energy Group as the best match for Nantucket's Aggregation.
- April 2, 2016: Article 104 at the 2016 Annual Town Meeting unanimously approved, allowing the Town to initiate the development of a municipal aggregation
- April 13, 2016: Peregrine Energy Group makes public presentation to the Nantucket Board of Selectmen and presents a draft Aggregation Plan for public review; initiates the public outreach campaign
- April 13 - May 6, 2016: Public Comment Period Open for Draft Aggregation Plan
Phase II: Regulatory Review
- May 18, 2016: Meeting with the Department of Energy Resources (DOER) on Aggregation Plan
- June 21, 2016: Town of Nantucket submits "Petition for Approval of Municipal Aggregation Plan" to the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (DPU) Docket 16-92.
- July-October 2016: Review of Aggregation Plan by the Department of Public Utilities
- September 9, 2016 @ 2pm: DPU Public Hearing of Aggregation Plan
- November 22, 2016: DPU Approves Aggregation Plan
Phase III: Energy Supply Contract Negotiations
- August, 2016: Outreach to electric suppliers/bidders
- October, 2016: Issue Request for Qualifications
- November 2016: Request for Indicative Prices
- December 2016: Request for Executable Prices/ Choose Supplier
Phase IV: Formal Public Outreach & Education Campaign
- January 11 2017: Send out outreach materials
- January 18, 2017: Announcement to Board of Selectmen
- January-February, 2017: Public Outreach Events
- February 16 @ 3-4 pm: Public Information Event; Saltmarsh Senior Center
- February 16 @ 6-7pm: Public Information Event; Public Safety Facility; 4 Fairgrounds Road
- January 2017-Ongoing: Set up Hotline and field citizen phone calls
PROGRAM LAUNCH: March 1, 2017!
Launch of Local Solar Rebate Program: July 1, 2017