Municipal Electricity Aggregation
Effective July 2017, Nantucket PowerChoice to support local Solar Rebate Program!
Welcome to the Nantucket PowerChoice
Municipal Electricity Aggregation program!
For more information, please contact:
Town of Nantucket
Aggregation Workplan and Timeline
Phase I: Planning & Town Review
- October 27, 2015: Town issues an RFP for municipal electric aggregation consulting services
- January 4, 2016: Internal selection committee, comprised of Town staff and resident taxpayers with financial expertise, evaluate the three proposals received from the leading aggregation consultants in the Commonwealth
- January 29, 2016: The selection committee conducts interviews with the bidding consultants, and unanimously chose Peregrine Energy Group as the best match for Nantucket's Aggregation.
- April 2, 2016: Article 104 at the 2016 Annual Town Meeting unanimously approved, allowing the Town to initiate the development of a municipal aggregation
- April 13, 2016: Peregrine Energy Group makes public presentation to the Nantucket Board of Selectmen and presents a draft Aggregation Plan for public review; initiates the public outreach campaign
- April 13 - May 6, 2016: Public Comment Period Open for Draft Aggregation Plan
Phase II: Regulatory Review
- May 18, 2016: Meeting with the Department of Energy Resources (DOER) on Aggregation Plan
- June 21, 2016: Town of Nantucket submits "Petition for Approval of Municipal Aggregation Plan" to the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities (DPU) Docket 16-92.
- July-October 2016: Review of Aggregation Plan by the Department of Public Utilities
- September 9, 2016 @ 2pm: DPU Public Hearing of Aggregation Plan
- November 22, 2016: DPU Approves Aggregation Plan
Phase III: Energy Supply Contract Negotiations
- August, 2016: Outreach to electric suppliers/bidders
- October, 2016: Issue Request for Qualifications
- November 2016: Request for Indicative Prices
- December 2016: Request for Executable Prices/ Choose Supplier
Phase IV: Formal Public Outreach & Education Campaign
- January 11 2017: Send out outreach materials
- January 18, 2017: Announcement to Board of Selectmen
- January-February, 2017: Public Outreach Events
- February 16 @ 3-4 pm: Public Information Event; Saltmarsh Senior Center
- February 16 @ 6-7pm: Public Information Event; Public Safety Facility; 4 Fairgrounds Road
- January 2017-Ongoing: Set up Hotline and field citizen phone calls
PROGRAM LAUNCH: March 1, 2017!
Launch of Local Solar Rebate Program: July 1, 2017