FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How to obtain a Nantucket Disabled Parking Permit Application:
If the anticipated length of your temporary disability is less than six months:
If the anticipated length of your temporary disability is six months or greater:
If you have a permanent disability:
Where are the accessible parking spaces in town?
There are ten (10) disabled parking spaces in the core downtown area:
1. Two spaces on Center Street near Main Street
2. One space on Center Street near Broad Street
3. Two spaces on Federal Street near Broad Street
4. Two spaces on Federal Street near India Street
5. One space on Cambridge Street near Coal Lane
6. One space on South Water Street near Broad Street
7. One space on Washington Street near Main Street
8. Two spaces on South Water Street outside the Dreamland Theater
Where can I rent motorized and manual wheelchairs?
You can rent a manual wheelchair at the following locations:
Nantucket Pharmacy on Main Street (508) 228-0180
Dan’s Pharmacy at Nantucket Commons (508) 825-9100
You cannot rent a motorized wheelchair on Nantucket. However, you can rent one in Hyannis, Massachusetts and bring it with you on the ferry. Please call Westgate Home Medical Equipment in advance and make the necessary arrangements.
Westgate Home Medical Equipment
209 West Main Street
Hyannis, MA 02601