Covid-19 Day to Day Timeline
- Select Board Chair Dawn Hill Holdgate, Town Manager Libby Gibson, Chief of Police William Pittman and Town Counsel have a conference call with representatives of the 6 towns in Martha’s Vineyards and Governor’s staff to discuss the Join Petition letter.
- The Nantucket Cottage Hospital confirms a 6th positive case of Covid-19.
- Commonwealth Magazine publishes a day-to-day timeline of the actions taken by Governor Baker.
- The Town of Nantucket issues a letter in response to people questioning the Construction and Landscaping Ban in place.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital issues a letter confirming two new cases of positive Covid-19 on Nantucket. The total confirmed cases of Coronavirus on Nantucket is now five.
- The Nantucket Select Board answers to the public comments people asked at the March 25, 2020 Select Board meeting.
- Mass Governor announced Extension of School and Non-Emergency Child Care Program Closures and Steps to Ensure Housing Stability To Support COVID-19 Response.
- The Nantucket Select Board signed a letter, also signed by the 6 towns on Martha’s Vineyard, requesting the Governor to exempt the Islands from the application of his March 23, 2020 Order designating construction and landscaping services as essential businesses.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital confirmed a second and third positive cases.
- Public Health Director Roberto Santamaria issued a recommendation that any resident who has traveled domestically or internationally (including year round residents) stay at home on a voluntary 14-day quarantine.
- Mass Governor Baker orders all non-essential businesses to cease in person operation, directs the Department of Public Health to issue Stay at Home Advisory for two weeks.
- The Nantucket Select Board and the Nantucket Health & Human Services Director with endorsement by the Board of Health have voted to issue a Stay at Home Order (aka “Shelter in Place Order”) effective Monday, March 23, 2020 at 5:00 PM through Monday, April 6, 2020. Read Press Release here.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital confirms first case of Coronavirus (Covid-19) on island.
- Mass Governor Baker asked residents with 2nd homes on Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard to Stay on Mainland.
- The Town of Nantucket issued a Covid-19 related Press Release - Explaining the Difference Between "Shelter in Place" vs. "Lockdown".
- The Nantucket Cottage Hospital and Martha’s Vineyard Hospital sent a Joint Letter to Steamship Authority.
- The Town of Nantucket issued an Emergency Order N. 2, March 19, 2020 - Re. Personal Care Serv. & Retail Stores.
- MEMA Covid-19 Response Command Center Situation Update (PDF)
- The Nantucket Cottage Hospital issued a statement in support of Town of Nantucket’s Declaration of a State of Emergency and Construction Moratorium.
- The Nantucket Select Board held an Emergency Meeting (virtual conference). Its members vote to implement a temporary moratorium on all construction projects on island.
- The Town of Nantucket issued a State of Emergency Declaration.
- The Town of Nantucket issued a press release on the Covid-19 crisis and limiting Nantucket ferry services.
- The Town of Nantucket Coronavirus Response Team issued a Press Release.
- Public Health Director Roberto Santamaria gave an update on the status of Covid-19 at the Nantucket Pulse show.
- Baker-Polito Administration announces changes to expedite Health Care Licensing, Increase Support For Local Boards of Health and Small Businesses.
- The Town of Nantucket Coronavirus Response Team met with local newspaper Inquirer & Mirror.
- Baker-Polito Administration Announces Emergency Actions to Address COVID-19.
- The Town of Nantucket Coronavirus Response Team issued a new set of FAQs.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital opened a drivethrough evaluation site at the main entrance of the new hospital forpatients who are experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness.
- The Annual Town Meeting on Saturday, April 4, 2020 is being postponed to Saturday, Mary 2, 2020.
- Nantucket Public Schools will closed for the next two weeks.
- Our Island Home restricts all visitation except for certain compassionate care situations, such as end of life situations.
- All Town boards, commissions and committees meetings are being canceled until further notice.
- The Town of Nantucket Coronavirus Response Team attended a virtual conference with state and Mass Municipal Association representatives.
- Mass Governor issues order limiting large gathering of 250 people or more in the Commonwealth.
- Public Health Director Roberto Santamaria gave an end of the week update at Nantucket Pulse.
- The Town of Nantucket Coronavirus Response Team includes the Nantucket Cottage Hospital and Nantucket Public Schools representatives to daily meetings.
- All advisory boards and committees meetings have been postponed until further noticed.
- Massachusetts issues Guidelines to Assisted Living Facilities, Community-Based Providers and Other Caregivers to reduce risk of Coronavirus.
- Baker-Polito Administration announces Emergency Order Modifying the State’s Open Meeting Law
- The Town of Nantucket Coronavirus Response Team starts meeting.