COVID-19 Testing for Asymptomatic Patients (no symptoms)
Stop the Spread COVID-19 Testing at NCH
Free COVID-19 testing for asymptomatic individuals will be available at Nantucket Cottage Hospital starting Friday, Oct. 16 through the state’s “Stop the Spread” strategic testing program. The program supports the testing of asymptomatic individuals to stop the spread of COVID-19 by providing low barrier, free, and easy-to-access testing for those with no symptoms. The state will provide funding for up to 75 asymptomatic COVID-19 tests per day at no cost on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Open to all asymptomatic individuals seeking COVID-19 testing
- Testing is not restricted to residents of the cities and towns where sites are located
- You don’t need to have any symptom(s)
- No cost to you
- You do not need to have had close contact with a COVID-19 positive individual
Requirements for Stop the Spread testing at NCH:
- Must be registered with Mass General Brigham. Before you can be tested for COVID-19 through the Stop the Spread program at NCH, you must be registered with Mass General Brigham (formerly Partners Healthcare) by calling 866-211-6588. If you have received care at Nantucket Cottage Hospital in the past you are already registered, however, it is a good idea to confirm and update your information by calling the number above. Hours of operation to call and register: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. Mon-Thurs; and 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Fridays.
- Must sign-up for the Patient Gateway. To receive your testing results, you must be signed-up for the Mass General Brigham Patient Gateway. To sign up, click the link sent to your personal email address after registering with Mass General Brigham or download the Mass General Brigham Patient Gateway APP at the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Minors: Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who can give consent to be tested. Parents or guardians may receive testing results by e-mailing e-mailing NCHHIM@partnershealthcare.onmicrosoft.comor by faxing a request to 508-825-8326.
Stop the Spread Hours of Operation and Location:
- Testing hours:
- Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Nantucket Cottage Hospital, main entrance portico, Lane 2
- No appointment necessary. Drive-through in your vehicle, and walk-ups accepted.
- Stop the Spread testing on Nantucket will be available through Nov. 7, subject to extension pending local conditions on the island.