The health and wellbeing of our visitors and residents is our top priority!
Sign up for COVID-19 alerts by text, email, or phone call in your preferred language. Please stay informed and visit responsibly.
What You Need to Know Before You Arrive to Nantucket
Effective Monday, March 22, the MA Travel Order is replaced with a Travel Advisory. Learn what this means. All visitors and residents are asked to comply with safety protocols including:
Nantucket beaches and parks are open to visitors to enjoy physical activity, recreation and relaxation. Face coverings and proper social distancing is required.
The following are prohibited at the beach:
- Shade structures or tents (umbrellas and chairs for sitting ARE permitted)
- BBQ's, tables, fireworks, propane or other fuel tanks
- No groups of more than 10 people shall be permitted to congregate on the beach
- Gatherings at private residences: 10 people indoors, 25 people outdoors
- Gatherings at event venues and in public settings: 100 people indoors, 150 people outdoor
All hotels and Bed & Breakfast/Inns are open to the public. We ask all to visit responsibly by adhering to safety protocols.
Nantucket restaurants offer both indoor (no capacity limit, 6 feet social distance and face covering while not eating required) and outdoor dining, as well as take-out and delivery options. Where accepted, we recommend you make a reservation at your favorite dining establishment.
Visit Nantucket Island updates every week the list of open restaurants.