The health and wellbeing of our visitors and residents is our top priority!
Sign up for COVID-19 alerts by text, email, or phone call in your preferred language. Please stay informed and visit responsibly.
What You Need to Know Before You Arrive to Nantucket
- In accordance with Nantucket Board of Health Emergency Order No. 16, all individuales, vaccinated and unvaccinated, must wear a mask at indoor public spaces;
- Remember to wash your hands and sanitize frequently;
- Stay home if you feel ill, call your doctor and get tested.
Nantucket beaches and parks are open to visitors to enjoy physical activity, recreation and relaxation. Although masks are not required, we advise beach goers to keep physical distance.
The following are prohibited at the beach:
- Shade structures or tents (umbrellas and chairs for sitting ARE permitted)
- BBQ's, tables, fireworks, propane or other fuel tanks
Effective May 29, 2021, the gathering limit will be rescinded in the state of Massachusetts.
All hotels and Bed & Breakfast/Inns are open to the public. We ask all to visit responsibly by adhering to safety protocols.
When you ride the Nantucket Regional Transit Authority (NRTA) The WAVE, wear a face covering.
Nantucket restaurants offer both indoor and outdoor dining, as well as take-out and delivery options. Where accepted, we recommend you make a reservation at your favorite dining establishment.
Visit Nantucket Island updates every week the list of open restaurants.