Nantucket is a diverse community with a broad spectrum of economic circumstances and has housing stock that meets the range of needs. Year-round housing is achievable for everyone who works on the Island, and the various tiers of affordable housing make year-round living comfortable, stable, and inclusive. Our seasonal workforce is able to find safe and secure housing. Homes on Nantucket are well-constructed and integrated into the character of the Island.
- Achieve Safe Harbor Status in each of the next three years per the goals set for Nantucket by the State through Chapter 40B and maintain local control over affordable housing initiatives.
- Finalize a plan to address housing needs specifically for Town employees – year-round and seasonal.
- Determine in greater detail the need for housing at all affordability levels (30% Area Median Income (AMI) to 200% AMI) for the community.
- Provide incentives that encourage homeowners who rent their secondary dwellings seasonally to instead rent them on a year-round basis.
- Develop a strategy to increase home ownership opportunities for middle-income workers.