Online Permits and Payments
ALERT: Beach Vehicle Permits
Please note: All Fees will remain at the reduced rate for the remainder of 2020. NO FEE INCREASES ON JUNE 1 (Nantucket Registration) or JULY 1 (Off-Island Registration). As we navigate through the Reopening Guidance provided by Governor Baker, we ask that all efforts be made to conduct permit sales and requests online and by mail to limit traffic and congestion at the Public Safety Facility.Our staff will do everything possible to assist you remotely. Please reach out as follows:
- Email requests, applications, documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 508-325-4100, x5917 Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
The Town of Nantucket Beach Vehicle Permits allow for vehicle access at the following locations:
- 40th Pole
- Nobadeer Beach
- Smith’s Point, Madaket
- Point of Breakers/South Shore
- Low Beach/’Sconset
- This Permit does NOT include Great Point. Click here for information on purchasing an Oversand Vehicle Permit for Great Point and Coskata-Coatue: Great Point Permit
Beach Vehicle Permit Fees
Nantucket Vehicle Registration: $50
Off-Island Vehicle Registration: $100
Rental Vehicles: $200
How to Purchase a Beach Vehicle Permit?
- Please complete and submit the Beach Sticker Application below and include payment information so we can have the permit ready for you to pick-up at the Public Safety Facility, 4 Fairgrounds Road. The permit will be ready for pick-up by noon the next business day.
- BEACH VEHICLE STICKER APPLICATION
- Permit Stickers must be placed on the front and back bumpers. Failure to display the Beach Sticker properly or driving on the beach with no sticker may result in fines up to $300. Please print or screen shot your receipt and keep with you for any time between purchase and delivery of the permit. The receipt will be accepted as proof of purchase in place of the sticker immediately following order.
Tips to Drive on the Beach
- Permit Stickers must be placed on the front and back bumpers. Failure to display the Beach Sticker properly or driving on the beach with no sticker may result in fines up to $300.
- All vehicles must be four-wheel drive, properly registered and operated by a licensed driver.
- All drivers must air down vehicle tires to 12-15 p.s.i.
- Please review complete list of Rules and Regulations for driving on Nantucket Beaches.
- Please review your vehicle Owners Manual for specific guidelines to driving on sand.
- For up to date information on Beach closures and restrictions due to protected species, please visit the Birds on Nantucket page.