The Nantucket Planning and Economic Development (NP&EDC) supports transportation planning from a regional perspective. Its staff facilitate a Continuing, Comprehensive, and Cooperative (3C) transportation planning process with local, state, and federal partners to maintain Nantucket’s federal and state aid funding eligibility. NP&EDC staff also undertake transportation planning studies and provide technical assistance to the Town of Nantucket. Learn on the pages linked below.
- Complete Streets Policy (PDF)
- Title VI - Rights to Beneficiaries (PDF)
- Public Review Documents
- Planning Office
- Nantucket Planning and Economic Development Commission
- Planning Board
Existing Transportation Facilities
- Roadway Network, Traffic counts available via the MassDOT Data Management System (type "Nantucket" as the Community in the Quick Search section)
- Bike Path Network (PDF), Existing and Future Bike Paths. There are currently about 33 miles of bike paths on Nantucket.
- NRTA Transit System, Description of NRTA Services
Proposed Projects and Planning Studies
- Planning Studies and Reports, List of on-going and finalized transportation studies authorized by the NP&EDC
- 2020 Long Range Transportation Plan (PDF), Approved by the NP&EDC on June 17, 2019
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Master Plan (PDF), A plan for expanding and maintaining Nantucket’s bike path system.
- Coordinated Human Services / Public Transportation Plan (PDF), A plan identifying the public transportation needs of the elderly and disabled population on Nantucket. Approved March 2, 2015.
- 2023-2027 Transportation Improvement Program (PDF), A listing of federal and state funded transportation improvement projects.
- 2023 Unified Planning Work Program (PDF), Describes all of the transportation planning activities expected to be undertaken in the Nantucket region during the year.
- Public Participation Plan (PPP), (PDF) A plan for collecting public input on the NP&EDC’s transportation planning documents.
- FY 2019 Federal Highway Funding Obligations (PDF), A summary of Federal highway funding obligations in Massachusetts in FY 2019.