Our Island Home Work Group 2013
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Rachel Chretien, Our Island Home Administrator
- Chuck Gifford, Sherburne Commons
- Phil Hubbard, Citizen At large
- Jim Kelly, Finance Committee
- Jim Kelly, Nantucket Cottage Hospital
- Bruce D. Miller, Board of Selectmen
- David Worth, Citizen At large
About the Board
- Established by: BOS on July 11, 2012
- Appointed by: Board of Selectmen
- Staff Assistance: Human Services Director
- Term: June 30, 2013
- Our Island Home Work Group presentation to Board of Selectmen July 24, 2013 (PDF)
- Our Island Home Work Group Report - June 2013 (PDF)
- Feasibility Study presented to BOS Sept 29, 2015 (PDF)
- FAQs Our Island Home 11/3/15 (PDF)
- Our Island Home RFQ Operational Assessment Consultants (PDF)
This temporary work group will:
- Develop future options and recommendations regarding Our Island Home and associated town-operated senior citizen-related services, including Senior Day Care.
- Create a timeline for the development of a report outline and final report for the Board of Selectmen, including what if any resources the work group may propose be acquired for completion of its work (ie: market studies, detailed financial analysis, surveys, etc).
- Review reports, data, documents and other information that is on hand, including 2007 architectural plans and presentation to Board of Selectmen.
- Review, discuss and make recommendations pertaining to Riverwood / Servant’s (to be delivered) status report to Board of Selectmen as to the Senior Day Care Program.
- Discuss pros, cons, costs and revenues of current delivery systems of the local organizations that provide senior citizen-related services.
- Review and discuss the town’s lease with Sherburne Commons, in terms of long-term planning